Let's talk about it

Get in touch with us today and we will do our best to resolve your problem quickly
The simplest way of solving a problem is to talk to someone about it. If you are unhappy about something to do with a product or service, we'd like to hear about it. You can view our complete resolving problems guide here.

Who do you complain to?

Should you have a complaint, the first place to take it is to one of our staff members. If at all possible, the problem will be resolved immediately. However, if our staff member is unable to assist, please speak to a supervisor or manager. Our supervisor or manager will try to resolve the matter by the next business day.

You may also make a complaint by sending an email to or by calling us on (02) 9859 0585.

How long will it take?

Frequently, complaints are simple cases of confusion or misunderstanding which can be sorted out to everybody’s satisfaction very quickly.

However, not all complaints can be dealt with quickly. Our supervisor or manager will advise you if he or she is unable to resolve your complaint by the next business day. Our aim is to have your complaint resolved within 14 days, although in more complex cases (eg a complaint about a card transaction overseas) we may need up to 45 days. If this happens we will write to you advising of this.

How will you notify me?

We will ring or write to you notifying you of the outcome. If this is not in your favour we will write to you telling you:

The reasons for the decision

About the evidence we relied on in reaching our decision

About the consequences of the decision for you

About what further action you can take

What further options do you have?

We are a member of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). AFCA provides an external and impartial procedure for resolving disputes between credit unions and their members. AFCA is free of charge to members.

If you are not satisfied with the final outcome of your complaint, you may tell us to pursue the matter further with AFCA. With your written consent, we will then refer the matter, and copies of all documents and correspondence concerning the complaint, to AFCA. If we fail to do this, or if we fail to resolve your complaint within 45 days, you may refer the matter to AFCA yourself. You can contact AFCA on 1800 931 678.

If an issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can lodge a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority, or AFCA. AFCA provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to consumers.

Telephone: 1800 931 678 (free call)

In writing to: Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001

Other things you should be aware of

You should be aware of the following things about our internal dispute resolution procedure:

You are not obliged to pursue a dispute with us using our internal dispute resolution procedure. If you do use our internal dispute resolution, you may commence legal proceedings against us before, after or at the same time as using our internal dispute resolution procedure.

Our participation in the internal dispute resolution procedure is not a waiver of any rights we may have under the law, or under any contract between the Credit Union and yourself. An example of such a contract may be a loan contract, a mortgage, a guarantee, the terms and conditions of a Visa card.


This in itself is not a contract between the credit union and yourself, and it is not enforceable against us.